If you can't see graphics on the right sidebar, do the big switch, Firefox Flicks!

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Seventh Voyage of Sinbad

"From the land beyond Beyond, From the world past Hope and Fear, I bid you Genie, now appear!"

My earliest recollection and fascination of the moving pictures included this spectacular fantasy adventure The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad. My cousin and I might have watched this movie a hundred times in just one summer when I was seven or eight. Since then I never stopped adoring dragons and cyclops and genies and yes fighting skeletons (pre-dating Pirates of the Caribbean). Sure the monsters then looked like they had Parkinson's but hey we are talking about a 1958 film which I watched in the mid-80's.

I liked the story a lot. The daring rescue of the shrunken princess, the crossing of dangerous waters, the killing of a giant two-headed bird and the tricking of the cyclops. But I liked best the idea of a magical creature, the genie, who can grant your every wish. I wish I can bid him now and grant me a holiday in a deserted island with all my favorite films inside a treasure chest. DVD format please!!!

Director: Nathan Juran
Cast: Kerwin Matthews, Kathryn Grant, Richard Eyer, Torin Thatcher
Released: 1958

Prepare for an adventure!!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home